La comunicación es uno de los grandes pilares de nuestra era. Y entre tanta abundancia comunicativa, a veces es fácil perderse en la cotidianidad del lenguaje. ¿Crees que suenas polite cuando te comunicas en inglés? ¡Te invitamos a que realices nuestro test de English Etiquette! Toma papel y lápiz y no te olvides de anotar tus respuestas… ¿Serás tú un auténtico gentleman?
Test your English Etiquette
- You are going to be late for work, what do you message your boss?
- Morning mate! Sorry I´m gonna be late… traffic is the worst. See ya soon.
- Good morning. I’m really sorry but I am gonna be late this morning due to heavy traffic. I’ll see you shortly.
- Good morning. I will arrive late this morning due to heavy traffic, please accept my sincerest apologies and I will see you as soon as I can. Regards.
- You notice someone has eaten your lunch from the fridge in the kitchen and you are very upset. What would you say in the email?
- Which absolute idiot has eaten my sandwich?! You have until 3pm to replace it or heads will roll!
- Dear all. I have noticed that my lunch, which had my name on, has disappeared. I would appreciate it if you could be more careful next time. Thanks.
- To whom it may concern. It has come to my attention that someone has eaten my lunch, even though it was clearly labelled. I politely request you take more care when taking food from the fridge to avoid further misunderstandings.
- Your boss shows up late to a meeting which is about to finish. What do you say?
- What time do you call this?
- Thanks for coming, I´ll quickly fill you in on what you´ve missed.
- Thank you so much for coming, please take a seat and I will re explain everything all over again.
- Your boss makes a point during a meeting that you strongly disagree with. How do you handle the situation?
- Stand up and make a point that you disagree, you are always right!
- Politely disagree and suggest your alternative.
- Wait quietly until the meeting is over and have a word in private with your boss.
- You have English class scheduled for 18.00 after work, but your co-workers have invited you for after work drinks. How do you tell your teacher you can´t go?
- Just don´t say anything, they will assume you are sick and leave.
- Send them an email apologizing saying you had to leave.
- Don´t do it! You should never miss a class.
- Your co-worker just confessed he voted for the opposition in the election, you strongly disagree.
- Are you crazy?! Get out of here!
- I disagree. I don´t think we should discuss this any further.
- I don´t feel it is appropriate to discuss this matter any further in the workplace
- You are invited to a work dinner with a very important client and the director makes some very inappropriate jokes. What do you say?
- I think that you should stop talking now, you are not funny.
- Say nothing and stare to show your disgust.
- Laugh along politely.
- A friend of yours gets hired in a more senior position than you, how do you behave?
- Spread rumors about her so she gets fired.
- Be polite in the office but don´t talk to her outside of work.
- Respect her as your superior and maintain your friendship outside of work.
- How do you ask a client if you can call them back later?
- I am super busy right now, I´ll call you back later
- Sorry I´m really busy, can I call you back later?
- Take the phone call and make time!
- When leaving work on a Friday, how do you say goodbye to the office?
- See ya later, I am out!
- Have a great weekend everyone!
- Goodbye, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
Resultados del Test your English Etiquette
1= 1 point
2= 2 points
3= 3 points
10-15 You should really re think your work etiquette! How you haven´t been fired already is a mystery.
15-20 Not too bad but you should consider working on your politeness a little to ensure you give off a good impression. You could be skating on thin ice!
20-30 Perfect, top marks for a top employee. You are conscientious, if even at sometimes a little overly formal.